Cruising Schedule for 2018
Plans for the full 2018 season are underway so stay tuned for the full season! But here is the schedule of events planned to date:
- May 11 – 12: Blessing of the Fleet and Sock Burning. Weekend activities planned by the Board.
- May 25 – 28: Cruise to Mobjack Bay. Friday night of May 25 activities planned by the Board. Saturday morning departure for Mobjack Bay. Monday return.
- June 2 – 3: Hampton Blackbeard Pirate Festival. Listed for information only. Not an organized cruise but club members will be in attendance. Contact Rear Commodore Don Hogge for information.
- June 8 – 10: Norfolk Harborfest. Details pending
- July 1 – 4: Cruise to No Where (fireworks cruise). Plan to view Yorktown Fireworks on 4th
- August 31 – September 3: Labor Day Cruise to Cape Charles. Friday, August 31 activities planned by Board. Saturday departure for Cape Charles. Monday return.
- Sept 28 – 30: Turkey Shoot Regatta, Irvington. Listed for information. Not (yet) an organized cruise but club members will be in attendance. Contact Cruise Captain John Handloser for more information.
Other events to be added as plans become known. Please contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Cruising Schedule for 2017:
- May 6-7: Blessing of the Fleet. Activities planned for the weekend by Board
- May 27-29: Cruise to Mobjack Bay. Friday night May 26 activities planned by Board
- June 3-4: Hampton Blackbeard Festival. Listed for information only, No coordinated cruise planned
- June 10-11: Cruise to Kiptopeake State Park (Concrete Ships). Alternate for weather is Cape Charles
- June 16-17: Cock Island Race. Listed for information only, No coordinated cruise planned
- July 1-4: Cruise to No Where (fireworks cruise) Plan to view Yorktown Fireworks on 4th
- July 29-August 13: Cruise to Baltimore Harbor. Stopovers planned along the way will include Annapolis, St. Michaels and others. Cruisers that cannot make the entire trip are encouraged to take part in as much as possible both outbound and inbound. A more detailed schedule will be published later.
- Sept 2-4: Labor Day Cruise to Cape Charles. Friday Sept 1 activities planned by Board
- Sept 30-Oct 1: Turkey Shoot Regatta
- Oct 5-9: US Sailboat Show in Annapolis
- Nov 1-5: Cruise to Urbanna VA Oyster Festival
- Nov 5-?: Cruise South for the winter!!
If you’re interested in joining us, please fill out the RSVP form to let us know to expect you. Thanks!